Bad things sometimes can happen. Please remain calm, we understand that your home has just been violated. SWF Restorations can help you every step of the way. As a “good will” gesture, your municipality has hired SWF Restorations to help you the homeowner/resident get through the initial part of the cleaning process.
SWF has a two-hour response time. When there are multiple back-ups in the neighborhood, SWF will assess the situation and clean the homes on a priority basis. Contact your insurance company and ask if you have “drain back-up” coverage, which is a separate ryder coverage, not the same thing as flood insurance.
Before SWF arrives…
- Remain calm.
- Evacuate anyone who is under the age of 6 and over the age of 60 or anyone who has respiratory problems.
- Turn off your furnace or air conditioner to prevent the spread of odor and bacteria.
- We suggest you don’t go into your basement until SWF arrives on site. We will have the proper protection and equipment to start the cleaning process. If you feel you have to go into the basement, please make sure you wear gloves and boots.
- Even though the DPW department has probably already taken photos or video, we strongly suggest that the resident do the same. The adjuster will rely on these photos to help adjust the claim.
When SWF arrives…
Here is what you, the resident, will need to do:
- Sign a work authorization be signed before cleaning can start.
- Start a list of damaged items
- Help sort those items once it is safe to be in the basement.
- Take the damaged items after documentation out to the curb for disposal.
- Depending on the damage SWF will perform any or all of these procedures or possibly more, if the City allows.
What does the municipal drain backup restoration service from SWF entail?
- Extraction and removal of water and sediment from the home.
- Removal of damaged debris from the home (i.e. carpeting, boxes, soft furniture, toys). Appliances, hard furniture or large items will not be removed without city approval.
- Low pressure power washing.
- Basement floor cleaning.
- Dry damaged areas with drying equipment, usually for 2-3 days.
- Application of anti-microbials to kill bacteria and inhibit mold growth.
What kind of equipment does SWF use in municipal drain backup restoration?
SWF Restorations uses a variety of equipment in when restoring a home after municipal drain backup, including dehumidifiers, ventilators, and air movers from Dry Air Technology.